Jun 29, 2009

Quilt

Yay! I am finally finished! I just finished a queen size quilt for our bed, and LOVE it! It is the disappearing 9 patch pattern, in black and white with a hint of teal. I started it about 6 months ago, and just kept putting it off. I was nervous about doing the actual "quilt part" I usually just tack the quilts together, but wanted to do this one right. After talking to a good friend of mine who to me is a quilt expert, I finally decided to try it. I just "stitched in the ditch" but love the result. Oh, and don't mind the bedroom furniture, we recently renovated and now have a large walk in closet, so we sold the bedroom set and haven't bought a new bed or night stands yet. : ) The pics don't seem to do it justice, but oh well.



1 comment:

Suzanne said...

Yea!! Way to go Karen! It looks great. How did the quilting go? It must have been pretty tight in your machine.