Feb 17, 2011

New dress for M

I am r.e.a.l.l.y. behind in posting the projects I have completed.
I know I didn't really speak about it on here, but I volunteered my time for the first half of the school year, teaching some high school students how to sew.
I had help, so I wasn't alone, but it still took up lots of time during the week.
I am glad I did it- the students all seemed to have fun, so it was not time wasted.
I am now in my second week without teaching (they moved on to cooking), and am enjoying my new found free time.
My oldest started Kindergarten back in Aug, which is also when I started teaching, so I am now feeling what it is like to only have 1 child home 2 days a week.  I am liking it so far!
So, here is a dress I made for M a few months ago.
I used a decorative corduroy, and butterick 4852 as the pattern.
I really like how it turned out, and only wish I had made it a little longer.  She is not the most modest 3 yr old, and often protests to wearing tight or leggings.  I improvised, and cut down a pair of leggings that had seen better days.
She now has some legging shorts to wear underneath- which she likes so no fighting!

1 comment:

Alisa said...

I like it! So glad you could help out at the school. It was probably a good experience for both you and the students.