Dec 30, 2009

Tote Bag

Yay! Something different! This is the tote bag I mae for my MIL for Christmas. She is returning to work part time in the new year~ after almost 30 years as a stay at home Wife/Mom~ and i thought she might need a nice bag to carry her lunch and other items to and from. She like it, so BONUS! :)

I didn't have a pattern- once you've made a few, Tote bags are pretty basic. Since I don't like the look of visible seams~ (yes even serged on the inside of a bag) I knew I wanted to line it. It is a larger size- I never measured it, so I'm not sure how big. I interfaced the lining with a medium weight for added stiffness. The outer fabric is a Home Dec, so it has some stability already. The straps are also interfaced, and are long enough to carry on the shoulder or in the hands (for lack of better wording). I added a pocket to the interior since I thought it might come in handy.





1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nice job Karen! I can see why your MIL loved it!
Aunty T