Sep 29, 2010

New coat for K

A few weeks ago, as I was getting K off to school, I realized she had no good "it's cold but not snowing" coat.  That morning, I went through my fabric stash, and picked some out to make a new coat for her.  I used Michael Millers Hoopla Dot in Pink
Edit: I used a modified version of Burda 9676 pattern.



It has HOT pink flannel lining and a lime green zipper- I love bright colors!


I added a layer of cotton batting for warmth, and sewed it in various places to the lining to prevent bunching in the wash.  Since we live in rainy Washington, a hat was a must.  The coats I made previously were quite long.  I like this length better. 


It's quite foggy here this morning which means it should get nice and sunny soon!

2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Good job Karen! What pattern did you use?

Missy said...

I love it!!